The 151 Primary School Welcome Pack – what every parent needs to know.
- All information about school work and timetable is available in the Librus online school register. You get the log in and starting password from the school office.
Every student has got their own account. The parent also has got an account and you are obliged to check it regularly. This is also the fastest and best way to communicate with the teachers.
Every student has also got a school account at the Office 365. You need to sign your agreement for that.
- If you need to sign any documents, statements or agreements like a note of leave or agreement to a school outing you will find the appropriate forms on the school website in Strefa Rodzica →Wzory Oświadczeń. Here you can find the list of the documents explained. The documents must be filled in Polish and signed by a parent or a legal guardian.
The school documents to be found on the school website:
- The statement needed to take the child from a school trip at a different time than appointed by the teacher.
- The statement of authorization for another person to take the child after a school trip or outing.
- Statement – a note of leave for your child should they leave the school buikding before the end of the lessons for a given day.
- The parents’ agreement for a school trip or outing.
- Statement of authorization for another person to take your child after lessons pertaining to the whole schoolyear.
- Statement of agreement for starting the student’s Office 365 school account.
- Statement concerning resignation from religion lessons.
- Statement of resignation from the WDŻ lessons (Introduction to Family Life).
- Statement of agreement for the student to leave school if they do not attend particular lessons.
- Some practical information.
The textbooks and workbooks for every student are provided by the school library. The textbooks must be returned before the end of the schoolyear. In case of a lost or destroyed book a new one must be bought.
Notebooks , writing materials and anything needed for art classes, as specified by the teachers, must be bought on your own.
The Polish language classes and additional classes for foreign students are obligatory. The textbooks and workbooks must be as specified by the teacher.
The most important document is the School Statute Statut Szkoły). The full text is available from the school website. Here are the most important points concerning parents and students:
- The parents or legal guardians of every student are obliged to ensure regular attendance and provide the student with suitable conditions for studying. In case of any absence a written information must be provided within one week of the student’s return to school. You can write to the class teacher (wychowawca) in Librus or in the student’s information notebook.
- You should be acquainted with the educational requirements presented by the respective teachers before the 30th September.
- If a need arises for the student to leave the school before the end of the lessons the information must be written down in the information notebook which is left at the janitor’s. It must be stated that the parents take full responsibilty for the child during that time.
- Students change their footwear and leave their jackets in allocated cloakrooms.
- Rules concerning clothes: the clothes must be clean and tidy in dark or pale colours and they must cover shoulders, back and stomach. Skirts and shorts must be at least knee-high. No ofensive pictures or slogans in any language are allowed. For gala days the attire is a white blouse or shirt with long dark skirt or trousers and the school tie. Jewellery is not advisable.
- For physical education classes you need a white T-shirt and dark shorts, white socks and sports shoes.